Indian Head Massage Diploma Course
How to do Indian Head Massage
Learn the benefits of Indian head massage and that it is a trademarked term for an alternative medicine massage therapy.
The head, neck and face are massaged with the purpose of manipulating energy channels. The goal is to clear blocks in these energy channels that cause a build-up of negative energy that are purported to cause ailments.
The belief is when the energy does not flow properly, negative energy builds up, causing common ailments, including stress, pain and aches, and baldness or hair loss.
Who would benefit from taking this course: Anyone working in the beauty and holistic health industry including Hair dressers, salon and spa staff.
This course will teach you from complete beginner how to become a fully qualified Indian Head Masseur. On completion you will be awarded an accredited certificate. Your qualficaiton is included in the cost of the course. Details of how to apply are included.
- History of Indian head massage
- physiological and psychological benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Behavioural effects of stress
- Chakra system
- Essential oils
- Anatomy of a headache
- Anatomy and Physiology of the skin, skeleton, muscles and hair
- Effects of Massage on the skin, skeleton, muscles and hair
- Names of the Skeletal Muscles
- Contraindications of massage
- Preparation of therapy room
- Massage techniques in pertrissage, tapping and hacking
- How to begin your Indian head massage
- Massage of upper arms,
- Massage of scalp, face and ears
- Reactions and aftercare
- Relaxation techniques for the therapist
- Case studies and how to prepare for them
All SLS courses are accredited internationally. We have students from all over the world whom are now working as successful therapists after training with the School of Life Studies. We are a recognized course provider with the IPHM in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US and the UK and World Wide. The School of Life Studies are also accredited course providers with the IICT
NB: Your diploma will be sent to your email address on successful completion of the exam via PDF which you may print off at home.