What exactly does psychic development mean? How do you do know if you are an enlightened person? and are you spiritually awake?
Spirituality often relates to the non-physical. In a sense it means connecting to a higher power and also personally connecting to the universe. Being spiritual does not mean you have to follow a certain religion or practice. Religious learning usually has a set structure to follow; spirituality does not, and therefore follows only the rules of the higher self. Although many religions have a golden thread of truth which sometimes gets misunderstood or even used to control, spiritual people realise deep down that it is up to them to find their own truth.
When undertaking spiritual development, the individual is usually thought to link to a higher power; which is generally accessed through the deepest core of the self; however, there can also be a connection with a higher power outside the self.
The Spiritual Shift
We are now seeing an explosion of interest in psychology, health, natural healing and the arts. It would appear there is a universal shift going on and more and more people are being called by some unseen force or need to connect on a more spiritual level.
The material world seems to be losing some of its appeal as more and more of us search for more meaning in life than the latest gadget or fastest car. We have seen time and time again that people are now more unsatisfied than ever with mere possessions.
We are in a period when the world often seems an unsafe or unsatisfactory place to bring our children into, yet there is still more and more people turning their backs on material aspects and looking for more meaning and love in their life. This is truly a time of Spiritual Awakening.
Signs to look for when Spiritual Awakening Occurs
As your intuition increases and you practice daily mediation even if it’s only for five or 10 minutes a day you may start to be aware of the some of the following:
- You may feel that you are picking up on other people’s energy and may even start to sense or even see their auric field.
- You may find that animals and children are more drawn to you.
- You may find yourself feeling very emotional and sensitive to others problems or needs.
- Your dreams may become more vivid and colours will seem brighter.
- You may also find yourself more sensitive to music and sounds.
- You will also be more aware of nature and your surroundings. You may feel you naturally want to clear away clutter that has been building up.
- You may find yourself knowing who is going to telephone or contact you before they do.
These are just a few of the things that people have reported when first starting to develop. However your experiences are unique and are different for everyone.
The psychic development course offered by the school of life studies covers all the above topics and includes lots of exercise that you can do to develop your natural abilities.
Source: Extract from SLS course